How we work
The mode of operation is on the following way:
- Give orientation and training in palliative care with the help of Pain and Palliative Care Society, Thrissur.
- Conduct survey with the support of the volunteers to identify bedridden patients in need of care.
- Establish Palliative Care Units consisting of volunteers in different locations.
- Visit by medical team to the families of the patients to assess their needs.
- Providing medical care and other supports to the patients and their families as per their assessed needs.
- Provide counseling to patients as well as the family members.
- Provide physiotherapy to patients in need.
- In case of emergency the palliative care team supports the family to shift the patients to hospitals if needed or attend to the emergency situation at home itself.
- In case of death the palliative care team provides death care and also service of ambulance for subsequent requirements.
- The Palliative Care team also supports the family members in their time of bereavement to face the reality of death and cope with their loss.