Centres & Services
HRUDAYA Palliative Care Trust is at present functioning through five regional centres namely Irinjalakuda, Mala, Chalakudy, Kodakara and Vellikulangara which are managed by the regional directors.
The regional centre of Irinjalakuda has been set up in the Hrudaya Palliative Care Centre at Gandhigram, Irinjalakuda. This centre provides care to 464 families in Irinjalakuda and Kodungallur Municipalities and nearby Grama Panchayaths. The team in Irinjalakuda regional centre consists of 5 nurses, 12 doctors, 1 driver and 196 volunteers.
Mala regional centre is set up in Infant Jesus Mission Hospital, Meladoor and this centre provides care to 342 families in the different Grama Panchayaths near Mala. The team consists of 4 nurses, 9 doctors, 1 driver and 118 volunteers.
Chalakudy regional centre is set up in a building adjacent to St. James Hospital Chalakudy. The team of this centre consists of 7 doctors, 3 nurses, 1 driver and 122 volunteers and this centre provides care to 302 families in Chalakudy Municipality and the surrounding Grama Panchayaths including the hilly areas where palliative care facilities are bare minimum.
Kodakara regional centre is set up in B.L.M. Aloor and this centre provides care to 282 families in the different Grama Panchayaths: Kodakara, Aloor, Mattathur and Kodassrery. The team consists of 3 nurses, 5 doctors, 1 driver and 92 volunteers.
Vellikulangara regional centre is set up in a house at this hilly area and this centre provides care to 210 families in the different Grama Panchayaths: Varandarapilly, Mattathur, Kodassrery and Athirapilly. The team consists of 6 nurses, 4 doctors, 2 driver and 72 volunteers.
These teams visit patients who are bedridden at regular intervals, provide home care, give medicines free of cost, and also give wheel chair, air bed, walkers, food kits etc. to those who are in need. A physiotherapy unit has been set up in Irinjalakuda regional centre where physiotherapy is given free of cost. I acknowledge with gratitude that the ambulances, cars and other facilities in these regional centres are donated by good minded and generous people.
|Regional Centre||Doctor||Nurse||Driver||Volunteers||No of Patients||Panchayaths|
|Irinjalakuda||12||5||1||196||464||Irinjalakuda M, Kaipamangalam ,Kattoor,Kodungaloor M, Edathuruthy, Velookara, Vellangallur, Karalam, Mathilakam, ,Padiyoor, Puthenchira|
|Mala||9||4||1||118||342||Mala, Kuzur, Poyya, Annamanada, kadukutty, Muriyad|
|Chalakudy||7||3||1||122||302||Chalakudy M , Kodasserry , Pariyaram|
|Kodakara||5||3||1||92||282||Kodakara, Aloor, Mattathur, Parapookara,|
|Vellikulangara||4||6||2||72||210||Athirapiily, Mattathur, Kodasserry|
|Total||37||21||6||600||1600||Muncipality 3, Panchayaths 22|
ServicesServices at a glance
- Free Palliative Home care by team of doctors , nurses and volunteers
- Free distribution of required medicines
- Make available of free usage Wheel chair, airbed , bed , oxygen concentrator, oxygen cylinder , Nebulizer , Suction , backrest and other necessary equipments
- Free physio therapy facilities at Irinjalakuda regional centre office
- Free ambulance service in urgent needs
- Free medical camp in villages
- Volunteers’ home care visit
- Counselling to the patients and the bystanders by the social workers
- I.P. provisions at the hospitals for the needy ones
- Distribute free food kits, sanitations, masks with the usual medicines
- Give regular free ambulance services to shift the patients to the hospitals and return as they are not admitted in the hospitals in danger of Covid 19.
- Gives emergency care at the home itself with oxygen, nebulizer and suction.
- Arranges the facilities to have ANTIGEN/RTPCR test at the patients’ house itself.
- Supports poor dialysis patients in giving dialysis kits.
- Helps the people in quarantine
- Gives respectful funeral to the persons who were dead affected by Covid 19. In this team 230 youths and 30 priests are members and till now 45 funerals were done by the team.